Compare Life Insurance
Almost everyone can benefit from having the protection that Life Insurance provides.
Life isn’t without challenges, and in general we tend to face them head-on as they come, but one thing’s for sure – no one is able to predict what is around the corner. If you were to suddenly die and could no longer be there to provide for your family, how might they cope with the added burden of financial stress?
While it’s always important to look out for insurance to help protect your day-to-day well-being and longevity, it’s also worth considering the wellbeing of those around you once you’re gone.
Whether you’re young and still planning a family, or enjoying retirement, having the security of life insurance means your loved ones can be taken care of when you die.
Everybody’s situation is unique, so it pays to compare life insurance to find the best cover to fit your needs. At comparethemarket.com.au, we help you find what you’re looking for with a simple online life insurance comparison using information from you and some of Australia’s leading insurers. In a matter of moments you’ll be able to compare a range of quotes all in the one place.
Try it for yourself today, and see how easy it can be to quickly compare life insurance!
Looking for life insurance isn’t something that should be taken lightly. It involves making a decision on a product that can have a huge impact on the future of your family’s financial situation, should you no longer be around to provide or care for them.
Life Insurance FAQ
Do you have a question about life insurance? Chances are you’ll find all you need to know here. Whether you’re wondering about what factors influence the premium you’ll pay on your policy, or what is meant by an ‘exclusion’, check out our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Life Insurance Glossary
If you’re finding that particular terms are confusing, there is a wealth of information to be found in our Glossary. Knowing what certain terms mean can help you make a more informed decision about the life insurance product you’re interested in. Check out all you need to know here.
Types Of Insurance
- Life Insurance (or Term Life Insurance). Life insurance protects the future financial wellbeing of your beneficiaries (usually your family) should you pass away. It also commonly insures you should you suffer a terminal illness, so that you’re able to continue to meet the costs of living, until you pass away.
- Income Protection. Income protection provides a percentage (generally up to 75%) of your regular income if you were unable to work due to an injury or illness. The financial support is most commonly in the form of a monthly payment used for meeting living expenses during your recovery.
Learn more about how you can protect your income from upheaval here.
- Trauma Insurance. Trauma insurance is designed to provide financial support should you suffer a medical trauma that impacts your life. An example might be a stroke or heart attack. In this case, you will receive a lump sum payment to help you with the costs of dealing with your trauma and day-to-day living.
There’s more to Trauma Insurance than you might think. Find out more information here.
- Total Permanent Disablement Insurance (TPD). TPD provides individuals with a lump sum payment should they become permanently disabled and no longer able to earn an income in their own or any occupation, depending on the policy taken.. It’s something you may not automatically think about, but imagine how traumatic it would be if this happened to you and you were left without financial support for you and your family?
While many things are within our control, an accident leaving you permanently disabled could be made even more stressful without TPD insurance. Learn more about TPD insurance here.
- Life Insurance Calculator. If you’re wondering how much insurance you’re able to get, and what level may appropriate for your needs, why not try our easy-to-use calculator here?
Note: You should consider this to be a guide only, and not an unequivocal indication of what level of cover you need. The information provided is general advice only and does not take into account your specific goals, needs or personal circumstances.
Shopping around online for life insurance can be frustrating. With so many providers and policies to choose from in Australia, being able to compare a range of quotes online in the one place can be a huge time-saver.
At comparethemarket.com.au, we understand that everybody’s health and lifestyle is unique, so that’s why we’ve teamed up with some great Australian insurance brands to help Aussies everywhere find a policy that fits their situation.
OK. But What If I’m Already Covered?
There are a number of reasons why your existing life insurance policy could benefit from a fresh look, but none perhaps more important than because of life itself! As more insurance products come onto the market, a policy that you set up years ago may not be as relevant or suitable now. Tailoring insurance to reflect your current needs could be the best change you’ve made this year!
Can You Find A Better Deal?
Given how easy it can be to compare your life insurance quotes online, it doesn’t take much to see if you could be getting a better deal on your policy.
At comparethemarket.com.au, we’re here to help YOU. Can you get a better quote on your Australian life insurance? Why not take a look at our easy-to-use comparison tool and see?
Whether you’re retired and finally enjoy activities you’ve long put-off, or starting a family and planning for all the challenges that lie ahead, having the right kind of protection in place that suits your unique situation is vital.
Should the unthinkable happen and you were no longer able to be there for your family, life insurance provides much-needed financial support to your loved ones in their time of need. Imagine the strain on your family if they had to face ongoing mortgage payments without a regular income.
Having life insurance can protect your family from financial heartache when you’re no longer around.
Life insurance for seniors
Whether you’re still enjoying perfect health or you’re unwell, knowing what lies around the corner is impossible to know. Having seniors’ life insurance in place means security for your family should you unexpectedly die. Even if you are leaving behind an estate, having life cover avoids your family having to access savings to cover costs like funeral expenses.
Life insurance for women
Regardless of whether you’re the main breadwinner or a stay-at-home mum, the reality is you’re worth a lot to your family whatever the situation. If you were to unexpectedly die, not having the right life cover could mean your spouse is forced to give up their job to care for the family.
Family life insurance
Being there for your family is the most important consideration for all of us. Taking out family cover means that should either you or your partner pass away, the other won’t be left with the burden of having to pay ongoing costs of running your family alone.
Life insurance for high-risk individuals
Depending on your health and lifestyle, or the line of work you’re in, some individuals can be deemed as being ‘high risk’ in the eyes of insurance companies. For instance, fire fighters or those into extreme-sports may find their premium is higher due to the heightened risk of death as a result to exposure to dangerous situations. Depending on your situation, there are ways you can reduce your premium.