GMHBA Health Insurance at a glance
- Established in 1934, GMHBA is one of Australia’s fastest growing health funds.
- GMHBA continues to operate as a not-for-profit member based fund, which means GMHBA does not pay shareholder dividends.
- GMHBA is one of the only health insurers with a loyalty reward program, rewarding its members through Connect Rewards Plus.
- GMHBA’s commitment to customer service is second to none – they are frequently recognised by independent consumer review organisations.
- GMHBA is the most recommended fund by its members*
Most recommended by members* – Ipsos Australia, who conduct a Health Care & Insurance survey, in 2011 found that GMHBA had the highest rating of any major, non-restricted health fund in answer to the question “Would you recommend your friends and colleagues use your health insurer?”
As an Australian not-for-profit health fund with more than 75 years’ experience, GMHBA puts members before profit; provides great value health cover and works together to build stronger and healthier communities.
GMHBA offers a range of hospital, extras and combined covers to suit different budgets and life stages. Whether you are single, a couple or family, GMHBA has an affordable private health insurance cover to suit your needs.
Today, GMHBA provides private health insurance to over 200,000 Australians.
GMHBA Health Insurance provides the following claiming options for extras benefits:
- Swipe your membership card to claim on the spot at participating extras providers
- Claim through GMHBA’s online member services area
- Post your claim to GMHBA
For hospital claims, you simply lodge your medical claim at a Medicare office. Medicare will then process and send on to GMHBA Health Insurance for processing.
Why choose GMHBA?
- GMHBA’s commitment to customer service is second to none – they are friendly, attentive and there to help you. GMHBA’s customer service is frequently recognised by independent consumer review organisations.
- GMHBA offers a range of hospital, extras and combined covers to meet your needs and budget. Choose hospital, extras or both the choice is yours.
- GMHBA remains a not-for-profit, 100% member based organisation which is committed to ensuring their premiums represent excellent value for money.
- GMHBA is focused on investing in the health and wellbeing of local communities including local sporting groups, health seminars and local festivals.