Terms and Conditions associated with this Card
The American Express® Platinum Edge Credit Card
Cards are offered, issued, and administered by American Express Australia Limited ABN 92 108 952 085, Australian Credit Licence No. 291313.
American Express income and credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information, including fees, charges and interest rates are correct as at 5 May 2020 and are subject to change. Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, and earn a minimum income of $50,000 per annum to apply for the American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card. They must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident or hold a long term visa. Long term means 12 months or more and does not include a student visa.
- Bonus & Eligibility. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply for The American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card online by 2 November 2020 are approved and spend $1,500 on their new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. This offer many be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. Eligible purchases do not include annual Card fees, and fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. $150 Credit will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria have been met. Credit is not redeemable for cash or other payment form. Credit will not be applied to your Card Account if it has been suspended or cancelled. Credit may be reversed if your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.
- Travel Credit.American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card Members are eligible for one Travel Credit of $200 per year. Subject to Travel Credit terms and conditions. The Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible travel booked and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. For bookings less than $200 any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. Eligible travel includes Flight, Hotel, Car Hire and Experience bookings only and may not be used towards Cruises. The Travel Credit can be used from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Your travel credit for that year will be forfeited if you cancel your booking, subject to supplier’s terms and conditions plus applicable fees.
- Interest Rate.This interest rate does not apply for Cash Advances and associated fees.
- Interest Free Period.You will have up to 55 days interest free on purchases provided you pay the full closing balance of your monthly statement by the due date each month. There is no interest free period on balance transfers or if you carry forward a balance from the previous statement period. The total of interest free days will depend on when you make the purchase and when your statement is issued.
- Membership Rewards Program.Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here. The following merchants have been classified as major supermarkets: Bi-Lo, Coles, Fishers, Food For Less, Fresh Provisions, Harris Farm Markets, IGA, Macro Wholefoods, Safeway, Supabarn, Thomas Dux, Woolworths.
The following merchants have been classified as major petrol stations: Ampol, BP, Caltex Woolworths, Gull, Metro, Peak, Safeway Petrol, Shell, United, Woolworths Petrol, 7 Eleven.
Exceptions may apply if an individual merchant trading as one of the above named retailers does not accept American Express as a form of payment.
Purchases at major supermarket & major petrol station retailers are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia.
Certain transactions will earn 2 points per dollar spent, including the use of foreign currency overseas and overseas online payments. Additional points for major supermakets, petrol stations and foreign currency may not apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to a major supermarket processed through a payment aggregator may not earn the additional points.
- Additional Cards.Additional Card Members must be 16 years of age or over. Please note Additional Cards are referred to as Supplementary Cards in some Terms and Conditions and marketing materials. The basic Card Member will be liable to pay for all spend made by Additional Card Members.
- The American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card Insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) – see the full Terms and Conditions available here. You must use your American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance or pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This webpage does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
- Partner Programs.To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Card Member’s responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply.
- American Express Travel.To earn or redeem Membership Rewards points, Cards must be registered to the American Express Membership Rewards program, and be active and current in their payments. When paying with a combination of your American Express Card and Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply when booking on the American Express Travel website. Please visit the Membership Rewards website to view the full Terms and Conditions.
- A minimum of 7,500 points must be redeemed at any one time. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Webjet is not available to Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards Gateway program. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and the partners’ booking terms and conditions.
- A minimum of 2,000 points must be redeemed at any one time. Tickets must be purchased using your eligible American Express Card and will be charged to that day’s purchase. American Express will debit the Membership Rewards points from your Membership Rewards account and issue a credit for the corresponding dollar amount charged for your ticket purchase on your Card account. Subject to the venue’s and Ticketmaster’s no refund/no exchange policy and the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
- Gift Cards.Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit. Normal retailer gift card or voucher conditions apply, refer to the gift card or retailer website for details.
- Points for Credit.Points may be redeemed by the Basic Card Member for a credit on the Primary Card Account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card Account or Card Member’s other accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within 3 business days and cannot be reversed. Redeeming Points for Credit is not available for redemption by Corporate Card accounts and is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund.
- Fraud Protection Guarantee.Provided that you do not contribute to or unreasonably delay reporting any misuse of your Account and you have complied with your Card Conditions, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges.
- Emergency Card Replacement.If your Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1300 363 687. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office. Once you have notified us, you will not be liable for any unauthorised charges.
- Plan It:You can create an Instalment Plan as long as your account is in good standing. We may limit the amount that can be transferred to an Instalment Plan. Each Instalment Plan will begin from the date it is successfully created, as communicated to you in your Online Account. Payment of your first Monthly Instalment will be due in your next payment cycle. You will be charged a Monthly Plan Fee for each Instalment Plan created. This fee will be charged each month your Instalment Plan is active and will be notified to you before you create the Instalment Plan. View the full Plan It Instalments Terms and Conditions
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Samsung, Samsung Pay, Galaxy S (and other device names) and Samsung Knox are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners. Screen images are simulated; actual appearance may vary. Samsung Pay is available on select Samsung devices.
Google Pay and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.