*Terms and conditions, fees, charges & eligibility criteria apply (see nab.com.au/qantascard). The 130,000 bonus Qantas Points and 75 bonus Status Credits offer is only available to members who apply for a new NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card from 1 October until 30 November 2020. Approved applications will receive 100,000 bonus Qantas Points and 75 bonus Status Credits after spending $3,000 on everyday purchases in the first 60 days and 30,000 bonus Qantas Points after 12 months (credited to your points balance within the 13th month). NAB may vary or end this offer at any time. The status credits offer is limited to one credit card application per Qantas Frequent Flyer member. Please allow 6-8 weeks after you have met the earn criteria for the bonus Qantas Points and bonus Status Credits to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Bonus Status Credits will not contribute towards attaining or retaining Platinum One, any Platinum or Platinum One Bonus Rewards, Loyalty Bonuses, or Lifetime Status or any Qantas Status Accelerator. Status Credits are not transferable and will be governed by the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
~ A reduced annual card fee of $295 will be charged at time of card opening, and applies for the first 12 months. You will be charged the standard $395 annual card fee in the 13th month of your card account. NAB may vary or end this offer at any time.
- Interest free days on purchases – If you pay your account in full by the due date each month. You won’t receive interest free days while you have a balance transfer.
- Join and redeem Qantas Points – Points are capped at $20,000 spend per statement period. Points will be allocated on a tiered basis over each statement period. To earn and redeem Qantas Points using your NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and have provided your valid membership number to NAB. Points are offered in accordance with the NAB Qantas Credit Card Account Reward Terms and Conditions (PDF,255KB). If you are not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, NAB has arranged for the joining fee to be waived if you apply and receive a NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card and join through qantas.com.au/joinffnab. Membership and the earning and redemption of points is subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions, available at qantas.com.au/terms. Earn 1 Additional Qantas Point per whole AU$1 on Qantas Spend. ‘Qantas Spend’ means Eligible Transactions made with the following merchants: flights booked directly through qantas.com and Qantas Contact Centres; Qantas flights booked through selected travel agents; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership, joining and annual fees; Qantas Gift Vouchers; purchases from qantasstore.com.au, qantasshop.com.au and qantasepiqure.com.au.
- Standard Balance Transfer Rate – After 6 months, any unpaid balance transfers will attract the standard cash advance rate (currently 21.74%p.a. as at 2 March 2020). The one off balance transfer fee of 2% is calculated on the amount transferred and is charged to your NAB credit card account when your balance transfer is processed. Interest rates are subject to change and available at nab.com.au. Interest free days on purchases do not apply while you have a balance transfer. Minimum monthly repayments must be made by the due date each month. Standard balance transfer rate and term may be varied or withdrawn at any time. In addition to this acquisition rate, which is available only at card application, other balance transfer offers may be available on your card from time to time. You can find out more information about the ongoing balance transfer rates of your card.
- Insurances – Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 2227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL and Australian credit licence 230686 (NAB) which allows eligible NAB account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the NAB card insurances is provided to eligible NAB cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. You must check whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. The eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the NAB Card Insurance Policy Information Booklet and NAB Purchase Protection Insurance Policy Information Booklet which may be amended from time to time. NAB does not guarantee this insurance.
- NAB Concierge Service – This service is provided by Visa Worldwide Pte Ltd or International SOS (Australasia) Pty Ltd. To access the NAB Concierge service, call 1300 489 410, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. See the NAB Concierge Service terms and conditions (PDF, 239KB) for full details.
Credit Card Terms and conditions available. Fees and charges are payable. Approval and credit limit is subject to NAB’s credit assessment criteria. Information, including interest rates and annual card fees subject to change. Correct as at 1 October 2020 and subject to change. Credit cards issued by National Australia Bank Limited. ©2020 National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686.