CTP Insurance in Victoria

Whenever you renew your registration in Victoria, you’re required by law to pay compulsory third party (CTP) insurance. This is automatically included in your registration fee.

You may spot this on your VicRoads renewal notice under the name “TAC premium”.

CTP insurance is designed to provide cover for liability for personal injury or death as a result of an accident.

The amount you need to pay for CTP insurance will vary depending on where you live, and what kind of car you drive.

Are you covered?

Having the right amount of protection on the road is important for every driver. If you’re involved in an accident, CTP won’t cover you for damage to vehicles or property. This means for the best peace of mind, you’ll want to take out extra insurance.

Comprehensive car insurance can give you the kind of cover on the road that other policies simply can’t. It’s no wonder most Australians prefer it over any other type of insurance for protecting them against potential vehicle or property damage.

Comparethemarket.com.au lets you compare a range of insurance quotes online from a number of brands in the one place.

Compare Fuel Prices

Get the app

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Compare now

Roadside Assistance

Compare now