Originally a NSW Government state-owned enterprise, Energy Australia’s origins date back over 100 years, until it was deregulated and publically listed at the end of the century. The energy retail company was formed as a merger between Orion Energy and Sydney Electricity in 1996. In 2011, it was sold to TRUenergy, which was originally founded in 1995 and is owned by Hong Kong-based CLP Group, one of the oldest and largest power companies in the Asia Pacific region. TRUenergy adopted the EnergyAustralia name in 2012.
EnergyAustralia is now considered one of the leading energy retailers in the country, providing electricity and gas to around 1.7 million customers throughout eastern Australia.
They own and operate a range of energy generation facilities (coal & gas power plants, wind farms) across NSW, VIC, and SA. The company is also focused on generating renewable energy plants and leading Australia’s transition into the new age of energy with cleaner power methods that produce lower emissions.
- Electricity plans
- Carbon neutral electricity
- Gas plans
- Solar power systems
- Battery storage system
- Hybrid solar inverter (solar + storage enclosure + battery)
- Green energy plans/options
EnergyAustralia generally provides three types of electricity and gas plans, including:
- Anytime Saver: Guaranteed percentage discount off variable usage rates on a one year contract, with no exit fee.
- Secure Saver: Fixed energy price on usage rates for two years regardless of market increases, with a two year benefit period for pay-on-time discounts.
- Flexi Saver: Variable market usage rates, with a one year benefit period for pay-on-time percentage discounts, and no exit fee.
Plan prices and features will generally depend on your:
- postcode/suburb (which area or state you live in);
- daily energy usage (low/medium/high);
- usage period (monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly); and
- included green energy, if any (0%, 10%, 20%, 100%).
Why choose EnergyAustralia?
EnergyAustralia cares about providing its customers with clean and reliable sustainable energy at affordable prices, to reduce the impact on the environment.
For avid travellers, EnergyAustralia is currently partnered with Velocity Frequent Flyer to enable new customers to gain Velocity travel points when they switch energy plans.
Other reasons to choose EnergyAustralia are:
- It is award winning: Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Award 2016.
- It helps you be greener: EnergyAustralia provides the option to switch to 100% carbon neutral electricity with no added costs.
- It powers Australia: EnergyAustralia is a trusted provider of energy for over 1.7 million Aussies.
- It has a 24/7 My Account: manage your accounts and bills digitally, all in one place.
- It’s great for moving house: $0 fee to book in your moving date and details in under five minutes. In addition, EnergyAustralia’s Move-In Lights On Guarantee will make sure the power is on the day you move in.
Disclaimer: Products and services may not be available in all areas listed. Information, plans, and bonus offers current as of 8/6/2018. T&Cs apply.