MLC at a glance
MLC has over 130 years’ experience providing Australian customers with insurance policies. It’s Australia’s fourth largest life insurance provider with over 1.4 million customers, proving that MLC is still one of the country’s most trusted providers after all these years.
MLC offers the following life insurance products:
- Term life insurance – Pays a lump sum cash benefit to your beneficiaries (e.g. your family/kids/partner) in the event of your death/diagnosis of a critical illness.
- Income protection – In cases where you can’t work due to sickness or injury, income protection can provide up to 75% of your income in monthly payments.
- Total and permanent disability (TPD) cover – Provides a lump sum payment in case you suffer a permanent disability and are no longer able to work.
- Trauma cover (sometimes called critical illness cover) – Protects you if you are diagnosed with a critical illness by paying you a lump sum to help pay for your expenses.
- Accidental death – Pays your beneficiaries a lump sum in the case of accidental death. Claims can be made if the death is within 180 days of the accident.
- Child critical illness – A form of cover that helps pay expenses incurred while your child suffers from a critical illness.
- Occupationally acquired infection – Specifically for people in the medical profession, this policy covers you in cases where you might contract an infection from your workplace. This may include Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Hepatitis strands, and other infections.
- Business expenses – Helps cover your business for up to 12 months while you’re sick or injured. Suitable for small business owners and sole traders.
- Debt protection – A form of cover that can help you to continue to pay off your debts when your circumstances change. This is usually claimed when you lose your job, get critically ill, or are unable to work due to injury or illness.
Why choose MLC?
MLC is determined to protect the financial security of customers and their families in the toughest of times. Upon establishing their insurance business, MLC’s goal was “…to bring security and protection of life assurance within the reach of every man, woman and child” – and with $993 million in paid claims in 2015 alone, it’s clear that they still take this message to heart.
MLC knows that as your life changes, your insurance needs will also change. With that in mind, you can tailor your policy to suit your circumstances, with each product having premium options and extras for you to consider.
Always read the Product Disclosure Statement for any life insurance policy before making a decision to buy.