Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance at a glance
- Money magazine’s Insurer of the Year 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- 24-hour Claims Service
About Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance
Founded in 2000, Budget Direct is proud to offer insurance that has helped over 3 million Australians since its inception with its award-winning Insurance products.
Budget Direct is underwritten by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited, an APRA-regulated Australian insurance company, and is part of the international BHL Group. The insurer’s commitment to innovation means you get the features you’d expect in your home and contents insurance.
Why choose Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance?
Budget Direct is proud to offer insurance that could save you money. An award winner year after year, Budget Direct is committed to innovation meaning you get the features you’d expect + more including:
- No paper forms to fill in – ever!
- Annual or monthly payment options
Smart cover options so customers can customise their insurance.
Here are some of Budget Direct’s Home and Contents Policy highlights:
- Up to $20 million legal liability cover
- Fire cover
- Explosion cover
- Theft or attempted theft
- Malicious damage, vandalism, riot or civil commotion
- Breakage of glass, ceramic & sanitary fixtures
- Storm & rainwater damage
- Lightning Cover
- Earthquake or Tsunami Cover
- Escape Of Liquid
- Impact at the Home
- Annual or instalment payments
- Debris Removal and extra costs of rebuilding
- Temporary Accommodation Costs
- Mortgage Discharge Costs
- Funeral Expenses up to $7,000
- Replacement Of Locks Up To $1,000
- Cover for Fire and Collision for Contents while moving address
- Uninsured Guests’ Contents Cover Up To $500
- Unattached Equipment Cover Up To $500
Customers can tailor a policy to suit their own individual needs with the Budget Direct Smart cover options:
- Personal Effects Cover
- Motor Burnout Cover
- Accidental Damage Cover
- Commercial Storage Cover
- Flood Cover
- Choice Of Excess Options
- Sum Insured Safeguard
- Landlord – Tenant Default Cover
- Landlord – Theft and malicious damage by Tenant Cover
Always read the Product Disclosure Statement, applicable Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determination for each policy before making a decision to buy.