Explore Home & Contents Insurance

Everyday home and contents insurance at a glance

  • 24/7 emergency support and claims assistance
  • Flexible excess options
  • Multiple payment options to choose from

About Everyday Insurance

Everyday Insurance (formerly Woolworths Insurance) entered the insurance business in 2011. Today, they offer a suite of insurance products, including home and contents, landlord, car and pet. Everyday Insurance offers multiple levels of cover across their home and contents insurance policies to provide greater choice to customers.

Everyday Home Insurance and Landlords Insurance is issued and underwritten by global insurance powerhouse Hollard.

Additionally, the Woolworths Group supports a variety of charities via their Support Through Australian Natural Disasters (S.T.A.N.D) program to provide relief to Australian communities affected by natural disasters. Charities supported by S.T.A.N.D include the Salvation Army, Rural Aid, Lifeline and Foodbank.

What Everyday home and contents insurance covers

Everyday Insurance provides a standard and comprehensive level of cover for each type of insurance: home (also called building insurance), contents and their combined building and contents policies. Some of the things which may be covered by Everyday Insurance include:

  • Fire and explosions
  • Storm, rainwater and flood damage
  • Earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions
  • Lightning
  • Vandalism and malicious damage
  • Theft
  • Riots, industrial action and civil commotion
  • Escape of liquid (e.g. burst pipes)
  • Accidental glass breakage
  • Legal liability
  • Removal of debris
  • Tools of trade (contents or combined only)
  • Food spoilage (contents or combined only)
  • Emergency accommodation
  • Temporary accommodation for pets.

Everyday Insurance standard and comprehensive level policies mostly cover the same events and inclusions, but comprehensive policies generally have higher benefit amounts on claims. For full details of coverage, benefit amount, claim limits, insured events and more, read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) available on the Everyday Insurance website.

Why choose Everyday for home and contents insurance?

There are multiple reasons why Australians go to Everyday Insurance for home and contents cover, such as:

  • The ability to choose a higher excess to reduce the cost of insurance
  • Optional extras to further tailor your coverage
  • Flood cover included as standard (terms and conditions apply)

Frequently asked questions

How can I pay for my Everyday home and contents insurance?

Everyday Insurance customers can pay for their home and contents policy via direct debit from a credit card or bank account. You can choose between monthly payments or annual payments.

Keep in mind that monthly payments incur a fee, and so over a full year you may pay more than if you had elected to pay annually.

What types of contents does Everyday Insurance cover?

Everyday contents insurance covers the following items:

  • Furniture
  • Appliances and whitegoods
  • Electronic devices
  • Clothing
  • Sports equipment
  • Books, CDs and DVD collections
  • Videogames, software files, records and tapes
  • Food
  • Musical instruments
  • Jewellery, watches and other valuables
  • Household items like rugs, carpets and art
  • Collections and toys

Does Everyday home insurance cover storm and flood damage?

Everyday home and contents insurance covers storm and flood damage as standard. Other types of natural disasters (such as bushfire, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions) are also covered, as well as hail and lightning damage.

How do I make a home and contents claim with Everyday Insurance?

You can make a home and contents insurance claim with your online account, which you can access from any device 24/7. Likewise, you can call the emergency assistance line at any time to lodge a claim over the phone.

You will need to provide your policy number and any evidence related to your claim, like receipts, photographs or police reports.

Do I have to pay an excess when making a claim on my Everyday home and contents policy?

You will have to pay a basic excess when making an insurance claim with Everyday Insurance, and you may have to pay a higher excess if the claim is related to an earthquake or flood. Your basic excess will vary depending on the value you select when you take up the policy. Additionally, if you’re claiming for an optional extra, you may have a fixed excess related to that benefit instead of the basic excess.

What does Everyday landlords insurance cover?

Everyday landlords insurance covers many of the events included in building and contents insurance, but also includes leasing-specific scenarios such as malicious acts and theft by tenants and loss of rent following damage to the investment property.

Read the PDS for full details on what Everyday landlords insurance includes.

Are there optional extras I can add to my Everyday home and contents insurance?

Everyday Insurance does offer optional extras that you can add to your policy, regardless of whether you have standard of comprehensive cover. These extras are:

  • Motor burnout. Covers the cost of repairing or replacing motors damaged from power surges (like air conditioning and washing machines).
  • Portable contents. Insures items you take with you out of the house (e.g. laptops, bags and valuables) against damage and theft.

How do I cancel my Everyday home and contents insurance?

You can cancel your Everyday home and contents insurance any time by calling Everyday Insurance directly. You have a 14-day cooling-off period from purchasing or renewing your cover where you will receive a full refund if you cancel your policy (unless you already made a claim).

Save time looking for home and contents insurance

You can compare Everyday home, contents and landlord insurance policies alongside options from other insurance providers in minutes. Our free comparison service makes it easy to compare the features, prices, coverage, exclusions and more for a range of policies, so you can decide on the cover that’s right for you.


Everyday home and contents insurance is issued and underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd.

You can view the full details in the relevant Product Disclosure Statement when comparing policies through our service. When viewing the results, you can see other related policy documents such as the Target Market Determination by clicking ‘Is this product suitable for me?’.

Any advice is general in nature. Information is accurate as of February 2023.

single alexksander portrait in bottom global block

Ready to look for a better deal? It’s easy to compare with us.

Compare home and contents insurance
single sergei portrait in bottom global block