About AIA Health Insurance
At AIA Australia we believe health insurance should benefit you every day – not just when things go wrong. And that’s why we created health cover that rewards and protects.
When you join AIA Health Insurance you can get great benefits, such as up to 70% back on Extras, as well as access to AIA Vitality*, the health and wellbeing program that rewards you for learning about your health and taking steps to improve it. It’s all part of our promise to help Australians live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
What does AIA Health Insurance offer?
AIA Health Insurance offers its policyholders:
- A variety of Hospital and Extras health cover options, plus ambulance cover.
- No Gap Dental for selected preventative treatments at smile.com.au dentists.
- Up to 70% back on Extras such as optical and physiotherapy.
- Access to AIA Vitality, the science-backed health and wellbeing program that encourages and rewards its members for taking steps to understand and improve their health. The more AIA Vitality Points you earn, the higher your AIA Vitality Status grows and the greater the rewards. Enjoy up to $500 in shopping e-gift cards each membership year, flight cashbacks, discounted gym memberships and more.
- A 5% discount on your AIA Health Insurance premium when you join (retained each year that you achieve AIA Vitality Silver Status or above).
- Excess Refund^ – Receive a 100% refund on your hospital excess each year that you achieve AIA Vitality Silver Status (and have held your AIA Health Insurance Policy for at least six months).
- AIA Vitality Boost^ – Enjoy an additional 10% back on your non-dental Extras (up to annual limits) each year that you achieve AIA Vitality Silver Status.
With AIA Health Insurance, you can claim:
- Using your membership card, at the point of treatment, at registered providers,
- Through the AIA Health Insurance Online Member Services portal,
- Via email, or
- By posting a claim form and your receipts to AIA Health Insurance.
When it comes to hospital claims, the hospital sends the bill directly to AIA Health Insurance and the contribution is paid directly on your behalf. You may be required to pay an excess before your admission (i.e. a one-off payment to the insurer), as well as some out-of-pocket expenses.
More about AIA Vitality
All AIA Health Insurance comes with access to AIA Vitality, the science-backed health and wellbeing program that offers members resources for learning more about their health – and rewards them for taking steps to improve it.
When you take out cover with AIA Health Insurance and engage in the AIA Vitality program, you can enjoy:
- Up to 50% cashback on eligible flights with Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines.
- Up to 50% OFF selected gym memberships.
- Up to 25% OFF selected fitness devices.
- Up to 50% OFF HOYTS movie tickets.
- Weekly $5 Active Benefits gift cards to spend at a range of popular retailers including Woolworths, Uber, Uber Eats, Google Play and iTunes, or 300 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points.
*An AIA Vitality contribution fee of $7.50 per month per adult is applied to all AIA Health Insurance products.
^Terms and conditions apply, please refer to the AIA Health Insurance Product Fact Sheet for full details.