How to use this calculator
You’ll be asked some very basic questions on this page. It only takes a few minutes, and then – based on your answers – we’ll be able to tell you roughly how much insurance you may wish to consider for term life, trauma, and/or total and permanent disability.
- How old are you?
- Are you married?
- Do you have children?
- Do you own your own home, or rent? If you’re an owner…
- Do you have a home loan?
- How much does this home loan cost you?
From these answers, we’ll be able to determine an initial starting point and amount to insure yourself for.
What else influences how much my Life Insurance costs?
Let’s take a deep dive into some of the factors that influence a Life Insurance premium.
- Occupation. Dangerous occupations pay a premium for their trade.
- Hobbies. If you’re a cave diver in your free time, it doesn’t matter how safe your occupation is; this will affect your premium.
- Health condition. Do you have a pre-existing conditions? This could affect your cover.
- Smoking status. Non-smokers get to enjoy slight cheaper Life Insurance premiums than their smokey-counterparts.
The information provided here is general only and does not consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Before you decide to purchase a product, it is important to read the relevant PDS.