CommInsure at a Glance:
CommInsure is part of the Commonwealth Bank Group, with roots in the Australian insurance industry going back over 138 years. With $1.97 billion worth of in-force premiums (as at 01/07/2012)and 15% market share (Plan for life, March 2012 Quarterly risk statistics), CommInsure is one of Australia’s largest life insurers. In 2011, CommInsure paid a total of $622.2* million in life and disability insurance claims – that’s almost $12 million per week! *Retail and Group statistics combined.
- Life Risk Insurance:
- Personal Insurance – Life Cover, Income Protection Cover, Total and Permanent Disablement Cover and Trauma Cover
- Group – Life, Salary Continuance
- Immediate Annuities: Short term (up to 5 years), Long term (6-25 years for secure income in retirement)and Complying (lifetime retirement income).
Why choose CommInsure?
CommInsure is a fully owned subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the country’s leading provider of financial services and one of the largest companies listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. As one of Australia’s largest life insurers, CommInsure’s claims philosophy is to pay all genuine and valid claims promptly and efficiently.
Recent industry awards won by CommInsure include :
- ‘Life Company of the Year’ for 2007, 2009 and 2010, ‘Service Quality Award’ for 2009 and 2010, and ‘Income Protection Insurance Award’ for 2011 from Plan for Life & the Association of Financial Advisers;
- ‘Life Insurance Company of the Year’ for 2005, 2007, 2010 and 2011 from the Australia and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance;
- ‘Trauma Insurance Award’ for 2011 from Financial Review Smart Investor; and
- ‘Risk Insurance Product of the Year’ for 2009 from Asset Innovation.
Their Contact Centre was also named this year’s ATA Contact Centre of the Year – at both a state and national level. In 2011, CommInsure helped over 10,000 families by paying out $622.2* million in claims. *Retail and Group statistics combined.
Always read the Product Disclosure Statement for each policy before making a decision to buy.