HCF At a glance
- With over 80 years experience, HCF is Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund.
- HCF has no hospital excess for accident-related surgery or for dependent children. And, only one hospital excess applies per person per calendar year.
- HCF’s free My Health Guardian online program makes it easier for you to look after your health and well-being.
They’re not-for-profit, so members get more, not shareholders. And, unlike some major funds, they remain fully Australian owned. One more reason you’ll be happier with HCF.
HCF Health Insurance provides the following claiming options for extras benefits:
- Swipe your membership card to claim on the spot at participating extras providers. This is called the Health Industry Claims and Payment Service (HICAPS).
- Claim in person at any HCF branch.
- Claim by mail.
For hospital claims, the hospital usually sends the bill to HCF for payment. Your account can also be taken to medicare where you just need to complete a two way claim form.
Why choose HCF?
Hospital policies also include a range of excesses that you can choose from. An excess is an amount that you agree to pay towards the cost of hospital treatment, in exchange for lower premiums. HCF excesses are only paid once per person per calendar year, regardless of how many times you go to hospital, and no excess is charged for accidents or kids.