Explore Home & Contents Insurance

Accidental loss and damage

Most of us make the effort to take good care of our home and belongings. However, the truth is that accidental damage and loss can happen in and outside of the home when you least expect it. What would you do if a guest spilled red wine all over your carpet at a dinner party? How about if your television was broken, due to a rowdy kids’ game gone wrong? You might even accidentally leave your beloved phone or tablet behind on the train one day. Perish the thought!

Extra protection for your home and contents

The name says it all when it comes to this type of insurance. Accidental damage or loss cover is an optional extra that you can purchase on top of your standard home and contents policy, for an additional premium. It offers much-needed protection in the event that you experience an unforeseen, one-off incident that damages your home or your contents.

Even if you and your family are highly diligent about protecting your home and your possessions, it’s always good to have a safety net in place for any unexpected events. Not all of us are fortunate enough to have savings on hand to cover life’s little mishaps, so insuring yourself against loss and damage is your security blanket.

Covering all options

Keep in mind that insurance providers do define accidental incidents differently. If you’re comparing policies and you’d like to know the extent of accidental damage or loss cover you might get, be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) of the individual policy to arm yourself with the right information.

If your policy is up for renewal and you’re keen to find out if you can save, or you’re simply looking for home and contents insurance for the first time, let comparethemarket.com.au help you compare a range of policies to get you started today.

Find out more

Use the handy links below to browse and find out more about home and contents insurance.

Home insurance

Contents insurance

Compare Home & Contents Insurance

Ready to look for a better deal? It’s easy to compare with us.

Compare home and contents insurance