Explore Home & Contents Insurance

Home and contents is a combination of home insurance and contents insurance policy features, designed to safeguard both your house and your belongings. It provides homeowners and landlords alike with financial protection against scenarios that include natural disasters, theft, accidental damage and destruction.

There are two common types of home and contents insurance policies:

  • Total replacement cover. In the event of severe damage to or the destruction of your home, total replacement cover reimburses all costs associated with rebuilding your home to the condition it was in prior to the event.
  • Sum insured cover. This is a more common type of home and contents insurance policy, covering you up to a predetermined amount required to repair or rebuild your home. This amount is usually referred to as “the sum insured”.

There is also a range of optional extras you can add to your home and contents policy. These extras commonly include:

  • Personal effects
  • Motor burnout insurance
  • Accidental damage
  • Fire insurance
  • Flood insurance
  • Storm damage

Why should I get home and contents insurance?

Household insurance should be a big priority for Australian homeowners given the risk of events of unpredictable nature. A home and contents policy entitles you to financial protection in the event of an accident or unforeseen damages resulting in the harm to or the loss of your property. Besides, having peace of mind about your house and your possessions is well worth an additional expense.

We know that as a homeowner, you’ve invested a lot of effort into securing your home. For that reason, we cannot stress enough the importance of risk-proofing your property against potential damage or destruction.

Bear in mind that standard home and contents insurance policies might not cover you for in all circumstances. However, you can choose from a range of extras to combine with your policy, and we are very happy to point you in the right direction for those.

How we can help you

We save you time, money and headache by helping you compare home and contents insurance policies from a range of trusted Australian providers – all in one convenient place. This means you can confidently choose the right insurance policy, right here.

We don’t work with the entire Australian home insurance market just yet. We’re always looking to grow our panel, but right now we just work with brands that are confident enough to be compared. All in all, we’ve got your back. Simples.

Compare Home & Contents Insurance

Ready to look for a better deal? It’s easy to compare with us.

Compare home and contents insurance