Why TUH Health Fund?
- TUH has been supporting the health of its members and their families for over 40 years.
- TUH is 100% owned by its members. Which means profits go straight back into offering better products and services for you.
- TUH has a range of quality products that will suit you through your different life stages.
- Children are covered up to age 21.
- Generous extras benefits which means more in your pocket.
- Different hospital excess levels are available on most products to make premiums more affordable.
- Better cover. Better health. Better life. It’s what makes TUH all together better.
About the health fund
Over forty years ago TUH Health Fund was started by a group of teachers wanting better health insurance. And while TUH now protects the health of Australians from a vast range of industries their approach is the same. It believes in fairness and everyone being treated as an individual, not a number. It’s what makes TUH all together better.
So many ways to claim your extras. Choose the way that suits you best:
- Swipe your TUH membership card to claim on the spot at the provider.
- Use Member Services Online for the majority of extras claims with no need to scan reciepts.
- Upload claims via the TUH Claiming app.
- Post or email your claim form.
- Visit the TUH Health Hub.
For hospital claims, the hospital usually sends the bill to TUH for payment.
Why choose TUH:
- TUH Health Fund provides current and former union members and their families with a range of value for money products and services tailored to suit their needs.
- TUH is member owned by people like you.
- You get quality care that keeps getting better, with over 10% more benefits paid per person to members than the industry average last year.*
- You can use any dentist or optometrist in Australia.
- TUH is growing five times faster than the industry average**, with over half their new members recommended by family and friends.
*Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Sep 2014-2015)
**Privatehealth.gov.au/FAQ (Jan-Dec 2015)