Discover why more than 1 Million Australians are choosing HBF:
- More back, on average, in hospital on your doctor’s bills for the most common hospital procedures
- More back on dental bills, on average than any other major health fund
- More flexibility with Australia’s most flexible extras cover – Flexi Extras
- HBF focus on giving members more back because they are not for profit
HBF is Australia’s fifth largest health fund with 75 years experience, the highest member satisfaction amongst all the major health funds, and highest member retention amongst all the major health funds.
HBF is a not-for-profit, Members Own health fund that puts members first, offering award-winning tailored and flexible health cover options and outstanding customer service. HBF has a growing range of healthy living programs and tools to help members live healthier and happier lives.
HBF gives members access to quality healthcare with hospital and extras cover across Australia.
HBF’s extras cover provides benefits for a wide range of day-to-day health treatments essential to members’ wellbeing, such as dental and optical services. Offering great choice and flexibility, members can tailor their cover so they only pay for what they need. HBF’s award winning Flexi Extras cover also allows members to choose the services covered and how much they get back when they make a claim.
HBF rewards long-standing members with increased annual entitlements on some Extras services based on a member’s length of membership.
HBF makes claiming ‘Extras’ health services quick and easy with the following options:
- Swipe your HBF membership card to claim on the spot (HICAPS)
- Logon to myHBF portal and attach a scanned image/photo of your claim
- Post your claim form
Claims must be lodged within two years of the date of service
To assist with out-of-pocket expenses when a dentist, physiotherapist or medical practitioner charges more than the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS), HBF offers a product called GapSaver. GapSaver lets members put aside a little extra money to cover these gaps. GapSaver money accrues quarterly and members can use the benefits they have accrued for as long as they have HBF health cover (they don’t expire each year). If you’re eligible for the Australian Government Rebate, you could accrue more GapSaver benefits than you’ll pay in premiums.
Hospitals usually send their invoices directly to ahm Health Insurance for payment.
Why choose HBF?
- Not for profit means HBF focus on giving our members more money back to its members
- HBF lets members reduce gap payments with Gapsaver
- Members get more choice with HBF’s extras cover options. Members can choose the services they want cover for, so they only pay for what they need.
- HBF has a free mobile personal health app that lets people sets reminders for medical appointments, store their health information, such as allergies, all in one place, and monitor their fitness and health.
- HBF provides extra support to people with long term health conditions by tailoring support programs for people with conditions like diabetes or heart conditions.
Membership with more
- HBF gives more money back on dental bills than any other major fund
- HBF covers children on most family policies for no extra charge
- HBF offers exclusive discounts to members right across Australia