HBF at a glance:
- HBF is the health fund of choice for over a million happy members that’s been looking after Australians for 75 years.
- As a not for profit, HBF focuses on the health of their members – not shareholders.
- Based right here in Australia – including the member contact centre.
HBF makes claiming on your extras quick and easy, you can:
- Swipe your HBF membership card to claim on the spot (HICAPS)
- Login to myHBF portal and attach a scanned image or photo of your claim
- Post your claim form
Login to myHBF portal and attach a scanned image or photo of your claim.
Why choose HBF?
- As a not for profit, HBF doesn’t have shareholders to pay so they can focus on giving as much back to members as possible. In fact, for every $10 paid for health insurance, HBF returns $9 to members in the form of benefits.
- HBF has the most flexible extras cover in Australia – HBF Flexi Extras. It’s affordable, great value cover that allows you to tailor your extras to suit your needs. Choose 10 extras services from 19 options. If your needs change, you can change your extras at any time.
- Your children will be covered on most family policies for no extra cost – whether it be one child or 4! They’ll be covered until they reach 25, provided they’re not married or living in a de-facto relationship, and are either:
- Not earning a taxable income of more than $24 500 pa; or
- A full-time student
- You can add GapSaver to your policy and accrue a benefit to help cover any gaps when you need to claim. GapSaver is unique to HBF, and an easy way to put aside a little money now, to use towards future out-of-pocket expenses if you need to go to hospital or on extras treatments such as dental, optical and physio. And, if you’re eligible for the Australian Government Rebate on private health insurance, you could accrue more GapSaver dollars than you pay in premiums.